I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award. A big thank you to my by my fellow blogger Zanzana from Zanzanaglob for your nomination!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Participating is a great way to share a little more about myself and get to know my fellow bloggers a little better. Awards are always a plus but what is really rewarding is knowing your readers enjoy your blog.
So here’s how it works.
Liebster Award Rules and Requirements1. Post eleven facts about yourself. 2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for the people you’ve nominated. 3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post. 4. Go to their page and tell them. 5. Remember, no tag backs. *6. You are not obligated to participate but it would be fun if you did!!
With some of my nominees I have no clue how many followers they have but some are my newest follows. I may not comment often but I do enjoy reading them.
Eleven facts about Myself..
1.) My mother is Cuban and my father is Italian but because I never knew my father I just say I am Cuban.
2.) I really dislike sports unless they are being played by small children, it’s just not my thing.
3.) I’ve been watching the soap opera Day’s of our Lives for twenty years and Sami (Allison Sweeney) is my favorite character.
4.) When I was a child I used to wish my name was Elizabeth because I was bullied for having the name Charity.
5.) I want to own my own bakery/restaurant one day.
6.) I cannot live without my spanish food, I just would not survive without it.
7.) Most people who meet me tell me there is something familiar about me and I’m told I’m an old soul, ALOT!
8.) I used to be obsessed with my looks and weight but not anymore, it only took twenty years.
9.) I wish I wasn’t so emotionally attached to the world, I cry so easily it’s almost impossible to watch the news.
10.) I’m very daring when it comes to my hair. I’ve dyed it every color possible, I’ve grown it out to my waist to cut it all off and I’ve even had it all fall out.
11.) I love to dance, especially to latin music.
*Questions from Zanzanaglob to Life’s Unexpected Blessings
1. How would you define yourself? I would define myself as a warrior and a survivor. I’ve had a difficult journey through my life but no matter what life has thrown at me I continue to fight and I am still here after all.
2. Which languages do you speak? My primary language is English but I am completely fluent in Spanish including the ability to read and write it.
3. What is your favourite means of transportation? I don’t have one, I would be happy if horseback was the proffered mode of transportation.
4. What do you feel when you cook? Happy, calm and successful. I love to cook I’m really good at it too.
5. What is your favourite animal? Horses and dolphins are my most favorite creatures. They are beautiful and I feel a sense of freedom whenever I am around them.
6. What do you normally read? When I can read I enjoy spiritual books.
7. Where would you like to live? If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Italy.
8. Is there a city you feel you really belong to? I’ve never really felt like I belong anywhere. I should be on growing grapes or olives in Italy that’s where I should be!
9. Do you grow any vegetables at home? Not yet but plan on growing some this spring.
10. How would you define Fashion? That’s a hard one, for me lately it’s a pony tail and sweats. But seriously, now a days it’s hard to say as society seems to be traveling back in time where fashion is concerned.
11. What would be your first wish for your letter to Santa Claus? If I could have a wish from Santa it would be for my daughter to be healthy, to see Sophie healthy would be the best gift I could ever receive.
1.) Use one word to best describe yourself.
2.) Describe what qualities you would want in the perfect friend.
3.) What is your favorite song and is there sentimental meaning?
4.) What quality do you consider to be your best?
5.) Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
6.) What do you consider your best accomplishment?
7.) What was your most embarrassing moment ever?
8.) As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
9.) Describe what would be a perfect day in your life.
10.) Do you cry easily?
11.) What advice would you give your teenage self?