I LOVE fresh produce! I’m can easily enjoy meals without meat as long as I load up of vegetables, here is one of my quick veggie sandwiches. You can also add meat if you like, for my husband I add in some sweet ham because he has to have meat with everything.
- 2 slices bread, white or wheat (preferably French bread)
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup green peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. Mrs Dash Original
- pinch of salt
- 1 slice swiss cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup sweet ham (optional)
1.)Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers (ham, if you’re using adding some) and chopped garlic. Pour the olive oil over the top and stir, let cook five minutes.
2.)Next, add the salt, parsley and Mrs. Dash. Let cook for 5 minutes.
3.)Lightly toast your bread if you are using cheese place the slice on the bread before adding your vegetables.